A trip to a fascinating the footsteps of Kings in the Middle ages of France , but also a great opportunity to stroll in the Champagne region, to visit Paris and discover the south of France, from the Pyrenees to the beaches of the Mediterranean…
At Reims :
– The cathedral of Reims where the kings were crowned.
– The abbey of Saint-Rémi where the Holy Ampulla containing the oil was kept used for the coronation of kings, given to Saint Rémi by a dove sent by God.
In Paris :
– The Saint-Denis Basilica, necropolis of the kings in the Middle ages of France
– The Sainte Chapelle, built by Saint Louis to place the crown of thorns there of Christ acquired from the Byzantine Empire
– The Notre-Dame cathedral
The south of France,
– The crusade against the Cathar heresy: the castles of Montségur, Quéribus, Peyrepertuse,
– Departure for the Holy Land: Aigues-Mortes…